Friday, October 5, 2007

A small miracle

Let me preface my story by giving some background. I love cloth diapers. They have been a fixation of mine for a few years. This last year, though, I found a great forum about cloth diapers that has a subforum where you can gift items to other members. I love this site, I have learned much from it. Anyway....

I didn't post yesterday because I was running out of steam. I went to bed at 8 PM with the kids. I did about 5 loads of laundry and have been sorting through clothes. The playroom is covered in clothes. I don't know how long this is going to take me, but I believe it will be worth it.

Today in my mailbox there was a package. A wonderful anonymous package. Inside this package was a practically new very expensive diaper. Oh it is beautiful! And it fits my littlest baby. What a blessing! It made me feel so good! It was a wonderful gift! I cried a little I was so happy. I am still so happy about this! As I was admiring it (for a good 20 minutes!) The thought occured to me. THIS is a blessing. This is what I get when I bring a load of stuff to goodwill. It has infused me with energy and inspired me to continue and press forward in this endeavor!!! Although I know that I am not going to get a $35 diaper in the mail for every bag I send away, I know that things are going to get better. We will be blessed as a family if we continue with simplifying and living modestly.

When you give the Lord your best, He will bless you in more ways than one. My kitchen is STILL clean! And I got a beautiful diaper in the mail from someone I've never met. It just make me smile. I love it.

No comments: